Thursday, March 22, 2012

Rich Poor Woman

What do you classify as rich and poor? Most people would say that being rich is having this great abundance of money and luxurious things. Most people would say being poor is not having a dime to your name or a place to call your own. Honestly, it isn't important to me what people say, because I consider myself to be one of the richest women in the world, but when it comes to material things most would say I'm poor! Nothing that I own is luxurious, but I have what I need! And guess what? I am just fine with that! What people consider to be rich and poor is altogether different to me. I'm rich in ways that most people tend to overlook as being rich like, having a beautiful, healthy and smart son who means everything to me and teaches me daily! Or like being in great health myself and being given the privilege to be able to learn, love, laugh, see, feel, taste, walk, fail, smell, talk and think for myself! Also having family and friends who truely love and care for me, which is rare to have these days! These are all tremendous gifts and blessings! Having all of these wonderful attributes in my life I would say qualifies me to be considered a very wealthy woman, even though I don't have a mansion on a hill, a huge bank account or some fancy car! I have everything I need and that's more than a lot of people can say and that's what makes me grateful for what I do have!

No comments: